There’s no set path
There’s no right way
I’m not good at math
Couldn’t figure out the equation
To life, anyway.
I can’t be a scientist or an actress today
Or a chef or a writer God, I’m such a cliché
I don’t want to be famous or a shamus
I just want to wake up one day and look at this
This life, this dream, this way and realize
I’m no longer another cliché
I’m supposed to feel okay
Have dinner like we’re all the same
Uh uh, no way
Four years is a long time for change
I used to see you every day
Now I’m not sure if you even sound the same
I guess I’m supposed to feel okay
They tell me life is just full of change
I have to accept it or change my ways
So, I sit quietly I’ve got nothing to say
But nothing is ever quite the same
Not yesterday, not tomorrow and definitely not today
I wanted to write a poem
But I couldn’t find the words
So I wrote this post
A cluttered mind’s woes.
Writing is an underestimated art,
you are painting colorful images
in people’s minds by using words
of black and white.
i.c. "The Art of Writing" (via delicatepoetry)
- The internet loves to talk shit about people
- It loves to corner you on Monday and tell you why The Walking Dead is “Best. Show. Ever.”
- It loves showing you pictures of cats.
- It thinks mustaches are funny.
- It loves to talk about its “socially liberal; fiscally conservative” views.
- It’s not really a “reader”
- It will say something sarcastic followed by “- said no one ever!”
- It blogs
- It takes itself very very seriously.
- Desperately wants you to think it’s smart and cool.